Monday, January 23, 2012

Weighing the Good and Bad

You take the good, you take the bad, you take them both, and there you have the facts of life.

Last week's running goals were a success, despite a make-up run from the week before that didn't happen, but I stayed true to the plan, braving heavy winds and a snow storm to get my four runs finished. My 12 miles felt good, and it's about time to start adding mileage.

The bad was what number showed up on the scale this morning. My weight had hovered around 174 and 175 pounds the previous week, but today it jumped back up to 179. The yo-yo is in effect.

I've been diligent about tracking my meals, but my food choices haven't been awesome. I gorged myself on sausage lasagna and garlic bread last night, and then had some candy for dessert. Not to mention the half gallon of Left Hand Fade to Black I consumed this weekend. But that was research.

My problem is that there is always that one day each week where I just go crazy eating anything and everything. That has to change if I want to get back down to "fighting weight."

This week's goals are another four runs, but adding a mile to one of my weekend runs for a total of 13 miles. Soon, I'll actually be able to say I have a "long run" on my schedule.

Good Living
In case you missed it over the weekend, Akron has been ranked No. 3 among "beer cities" by the Livability website. Looks like I'm going to have go get another growler filled this week to celebrate. 

4 comments:

Linda said...

Hey Viper,
You asked about the Hanson plan. LOVE IT. Seriously. It got me through the LA Monsoon Marathon, and I'm on it for SLO...

Lookin' for Pixie Dust, and thanks so much. Are you a TNT runner? I see you have a PSYCHED poster...?

David said...

Weight control - wait until you're 50. I now think liposuction is physiologically reasonable and prudent.

Carolina John said...

Yea I'm def carrying some winter weight too. Yoyo all the weigh.

B. Jarosz said...

That song is stuck in my head now, and it's all your fault! :-b

As for weight - maybe kill your bathroom scale and start measuring your waistline? Muscle is more dense than fat, so picking back up on the exercise is more important than what the scale says on any given day.