Monday, October 4, 2010

Into the Lazy Days of Autumn

Now that the Akron Marathon is over I can concentrate on aimless running and more banjo. September has passed with the change of seasons. The hot summer was doused with a couple early spells of fall rain. Here is last month's statistical rundown:
  • Total Miles: 84 miles (nine runs)
  • Highest Weekly: 36 miles
  • Average Weekly: 21 miles
  • Average Pace: 9:35.33 per mile
  • Longest/Fastest Run: 26.2 miles @ 9:07 pace
  • The Monthly Dif: -72 miles (156 miles in August)
My average speed is the fastest it's been all year, thanks to my marathon time and a fast long run, which account for more than half of my mileage. 

Now that my big running goal for the year is completed, I can now think about the other endeavors I had planned for 2010. Here's what's in store for you: 
  • You can look forward to me finally posting about brewing beer for the first time as the fall weather presents a much better atmosphere for boiling a giant pot of ingredients for hours. 
  • I've finally finished reading The Ultimate Runner, and a review is forthcoming. 
  • An eventual return of my booze tastings, reviews, and recommendations. 
  • Runningwise? A possible 10-K, maybe a trail race, more barefoot running while it's warm enough, and the chase for 20-mile weekly average for the year. 
  • Perhaps the occasional foray into my musical endeavors if there is interest ... and/or if I feel like it. 
  • Your pick? Suggest something outlandish for me to do. 
It's about time I get back out on the run. My body is able, and my heart is willing. Cheers ... 

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am going to need a little more cow bell with that banjo...

Ironman By Thirty said...

"more barefoot running while it's warm enough"

Don't tell me that you are going to pansy out when the snow starts to fall. What better way to spot black ice than by feeling it under your bare feet?

And great numbers this month!

BrianFlash said...

I definitely want to hear more about this whole banjo thing.

Plus I expect some free advertisement for my upcoming giveaway!

Matthew Bradford said...

I've read the whole post but I am stuck on the first line, "more banjo"?

Please, tell me this is true! I have no idea how to play, but picking and grinning is one of my favorite sayings and I truly want to be able to pick of the instrument and rock-out.