Now that the Akron Marathon is over I can concentrate on aimless running and more banjo. September has passed with the change of seasons. The hot summer was doused with a couple early spells of fall rain. Here is last month's statistical rundown:
- Total Miles: 84 miles (nine runs)
- Highest Weekly: 36 miles
- Average Weekly: 21 miles
- Average Pace: 9:35.33 per mile
- Longest/Fastest Run: 26.2 miles @ 9:07 pace
- The Monthly Dif: -72 miles (156 miles in August)
My average speed is the fastest it's been all year, thanks to my marathon time and a fast long run, which account for more than half of my mileage.
Now that my big running goal for the year is completed, I can now think about the other endeavors I had planned for 2010. Here's what's in store for you:
- You can look forward to me finally posting about brewing beer for the first time as the fall weather presents a much better atmosphere for boiling a giant pot of ingredients for hours.
- I've finally finished reading The Ultimate Runner, and a review is forthcoming.
- An eventual return of my booze tastings, reviews, and recommendations.
- Runningwise? A possible 10-K, maybe a trail race, more barefoot running while it's warm enough, and the chase for 20-mile weekly average for the year.
- Perhaps the occasional foray into my musical endeavors if there is interest ... and/or if I feel like it.
- Your pick? Suggest something outlandish for me to do.
It's about time I get back out on the run. My body is able, and my heart is willing. Cheers ...