The statistical rundown:
- Intervals: 6 x 800 meters
- Goal pace: 7:19-7:39 per mile
- Lap 1: 3:39.62 (7:21 per mile)
- Lap 2: 3:50.17 (7:43 per mile) FAIL
- Lap 3: 3:44.29 (7:31 per mile)
- Lap 4: 3:46.88 (7:35 per mile)
- Lap 5: 3:52.93 (7:47 per mile) FAIL
- Lap 6: 3:43.17 (7:29 per mile)
- Average pace: 7:35 per mile
- Total distance: 6.2 miles
Sunday's long run was sluggish. I loped along slowly at 10:28 per mile for the first five miles, thinking I would pick it up on the return trip. Only when I turned around did I discover I'd been running with a tailwind. I ran slowly back, but with a stronger effort, averaging a 10:25 pace for the entire 10 miles.
Congrats to all the Booze Hound finishers of the Cleveland Marathon and to Sarah who BQ'd. It was a perfect day to race, which figures since I didn't run and it rained the last two times I did. But I'm not bitter.