Friday, May 23, 2008

Flashback Friday: Down with O.P.P.

Sometimes I can't stop myself from having just one more. And this weekend shall not break that pattern. Like the pints of Labatts last night, I say, Line 'em up! I started this week recapping the Cleveland Half Marathon. Then I started talking about my training plans for the Akron Marathon. Yesterday, I had to remind you about the Summer Solstice Challenge. But before we get too far ahead of ourselves, this Monday is the Tallmadge Memorial 5K.

This Memorial Day race was the site of my first 5K and is still my PR. Just as I did in Cleveland, which was my first half marathon last year, I plan to update my 5K PR at this year's race. Last night, to knock off the rust and to recruit some fast twitches other than my DT's, I made an almost unheard-of visit to the track. I hope those intervals will carry me to another Top 10 age group finish. And then we can carry that speed over to my 40-mile trek on June 21.

Since I can't think of anything else relatively coherent to write, I'll invoke the Naughty By Nature privilege and suggest you get down with O.P.P.
  • Marcy has boosted the collective running ego (or is it the Id?) and has proven that some people have poor taste in shoes.
  • Laura's DNF of Bay to Breakers has everything you wish you had in your race reports -- drunken debauchery, nudity, hair bones, police, crazy monkey sex, head injuries, the works and all photographed for incriminating evidence posterity! Be sure to wish her luck on her first marathon this weekend.
  • Nitmos is no gazelle. Shocking, I know.
  • RazZdoodle reminds us that we are the world. Wish him luck on his race as well.
  • Xenia battled zombies in her recent race and then teaches us some Italian.
  • Vanilla has a new way to trim weight for a race while reminding us that he is in no way above potty humor. He and his better half are also racing this weekend for which you are now obligated to wish them luck.
[Drunkard's note: After some additional research, Team Booze Hounds editors have learned that Naughty By Nature were NOT talking about Other People's Posts?]



You're welcome. Have a fine Memorial Day weekend! Run well and drink well.

5 comments:

Ian said...

Thanks for the obligatory wish of luck. Right back at ya' for your upcoming 5K.

C said...

Good luck in the 5K!

Laura said...

Good luck Monday! I will either be dead or drinking (myself into a coma) while you're running. Funny how those are similar...

Marcy said...

Good luck with that 5k!

Ahhhhh thanks for the Naughty by Nature. Classic!

chia said...

Good luck tomorrow! Hope those PR predictions are true :-D!!