This Memorial Day race was the site of my first 5K and is still my PR. Just as I did in Cleveland, which was my first half marathon last year, I plan to update my 5K PR at this year's race. Last night, to knock off the rust and to recruit some fast twitches other than my DT's, I made an almost unheard-of visit to the track. I hope those intervals will carry me to another Top 10 age group finish. And then we can carry that speed over to my 40-mile trek on June 21.
Since I can't think of anything else relatively coherent to write, I'll invoke the Naughty By Nature privilege and suggest you get down with O.P.P.
- Marcy has boosted the collective running ego (or is it the Id?) and has proven that some people have poor taste in shoes.
- Laura's DNF of Bay to Breakers has everything you wish you had in your race reports -- drunken debauchery, nudity, hair bones, police, crazy monkey sex, head injuries, the works and all photographed for
incriminating evidenceposterity! Be sure to wish her luck on her first marathon this weekend.
- Nitmos is no gazelle. Shocking, I know.
- RazZdoodle reminds us that we are the world. Wish him luck on his race as well.
- Xenia battled zombies in her recent race and then teaches us some Italian.
- Vanilla has a new way to trim weight for a race while reminding us that he is in no way above potty humor. He and his better half are also racing this weekend for which you are now obligated to wish them luck.
You're welcome. Have a fine Memorial Day weekend! Run well and drink well.