Thursday, August 16, 2012

Game On! Really?

Mrs. Viper sends me a text yesterday, when my job had taken me to Wisconsin, and she informs me the relay is on.

Many months prior, we had floated the idea past her cousin who has watched me finish the Akron Marathon the last couple years.

The idea was that I'd run the marathon as usual and then Mrs. Viper, her cousin and three others would run the five-person relay. Then we kind of forgot about it.

It turns out, her cousin has been training hard and has his heart set on running in the relay. So, apparently, we have to quickly get in shape to run a leg of the marathon.

At the most, I'll have to get in shape to run eight miles. In about six weeks. So I guess I should run again, eh?

Of course our team consists of Mrs. Viper and me. As for the rest of the group, we'll go all Men In Black and only use their first initials: Mrs. Viper's cousin "K," her brother "E" and friend "R."

That's three males and two females. Some have been running, some haven't. The race is Sept. 29.

Time to get busy.

3 comments:

Jess said...

Awesome! That'll be fun.

MCM Mama said...

That sounds like a great way to do it.

Where in Wisconsin? Hope you are enjoying some of the local brews!

Robin said...

Good luck to the Viper Crew. I hope to see you out on the course!