Friday, January 6, 2012

Flashback Friday: Start Me Up

After waiting out a snow storm and the coldest temperatures in the region so far this winter, I am now back on track with my pre-training running plan. In order for me to continue with this development, however, I'll need to run Saturday and Sunday.

Each run is only three miles, but my legs were feeling the strain of two consecutive days running during this morning's run. How's it going to feel after a third and fourth day in a row? I guess we'll find out.

The feeling of starting over remains strong. Three miles feels so much longer than it used to.

Meanwhile, I've started to see some results on the scale. My weight dropped a couple of pounds, but now I have to make sure I'm not just yo-yoing.

My strength training has remained consistent before and after my runs. I probably need to add a more solid workout on an off day, where I can do multiple sets of exercises without compromising my stamina. This morning, I started my run out of breath and never really got it under control.

No Back Talk today. I don't feel like it.

Happy Hour is nearly upon us, teammates. Have a finely brewed weekend. Run well and drink well. Cheers!

1 comment:

Jen Feeny said...

I feel ya buddy, trying starting over from zero! I don't remember a mile ever feeling this insanely long! LOL! Good job keeping at it! Cheers to a runtastic 2012!