Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Great Success?

If this sensation continues you won't be getting that book review sooner. An unheard of morning run tired out the knee that went pop Sunday but no pain to speak of. The only problem is the appetite is fierce and the oatmeal for breakfast is far gone. How do stale Peeps rate as a recovery food?

On Injury
It appears that though the new Runners' World advises me to break the habit of self diagnosis my self diagnosis was correct. A little rest and a little ice and a little medication and a loud adjustment made me all better. I am my own medic. And I will remain so until my legs fall off.

On Discipline
I meant to run last night. I made a schedule to follow for the next few weeks to build up mileage. However a special delivery of a new toy sidetracked my intentions. I am not now nor have I ever been a morning runner. But to make up for skipping last night I made myself get up early today. I am in training mode and must remain faithful to the mileage and perhaps more importantly the intention of each run. I stand with the raised fist of solidarity and declare, No more junk miles!

4 comments:

Ian said...

Here, here! No more junk miles, I'll drink to that.

Thanks for the link.

Ian said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Ian said...

Sorry about the deleted comment. I have an itchy trigger finger and commented twice, so I thought I'd compound the problem with a third, explanatory comment.

B. Kramer said...

Way to clog up the comments and waste everyone's time!