Thursday, March 27, 2008

A Race? Why Not?

Well, I just signed up for my second race of the season. This weekend. It's a 5K. Earlier in the year there were thoughts of a PR, but the knee has sidelined those ideals. Instead it will be a test to see how the knee is progressing. Right now I will be happy if I come in under 30 minutes.

In all honesty this is the first race I have signed up for to get the swag. The Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation gets some of my money and I get a long sleeve T-shirt and two tickets to the Akron Aeros, the Class AA minor league affiliate of the Cleveland Indians.

Another 3 miles last night. Not too bad, but it's slow going. I've been sticking to a 5:1 minutes run/walk routine to make sure I don't push too hard. I need to be more consistent with icing though. Two days rest and it's race time!

1 comment:

Ian said...

Good luck with the race. Don't let your competitive juices push you too hard and f*#k up your knee again.