Wednesday, October 17, 2007

What Else I Can Do to Hurt Myself

Boston's loss last night was very enjoyable to witness in person, and the game was a nice way not to think about the running I'm not doing because of the hip I have that is not well. Tonight, however, I have no such distraction. I've spent an inordinate portion of the day thinking of what I can do instead of running tonight. And, now, to finish it off, I'll share my plans:
  • I have a bike. I could ride it. But I really haven't had much desire to cycle since I participated in the National MS Society Pedal to the Point 100-mile ride in 2004. It was for a great cause, but I'll never do it again. I think I felt worse after that than I did after the marathon. And I pulled out after the first day. So that's out.
  • I don't like weight lifting, so let's not even pretend that was on my mind.
  • I don't have a gym membership, so no swimming either. Also, I don't know how to swim.
  • It wasn't until I came across this lunatic at Ridgeline Fitness that I thought about that giant green bouncy ball in my room that I occasionally like to drag out from under my desk to do sit-ups. Yeah, I have a swiss ball. Maybe I should, like, you know, learn some exercises for it. So, tonight, I'll see if I can't stiffen my core muscles for tomorrow's post.

No comments: