Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Total Commitment

It is done. Today, I filled out the entry form for the Akron Marathon. My official goal: break four hours. If I start talking rot about some other number, remind me of this statement. However, after this weekend, I'm feeling a bit behind.

I dropped below--way below--20 miles for the week for the first time in a month and a half. And I had four days of rest in between my runs. I felt sluggish and weak last night just going six. I'm moving my missed 20-miler to this coming weekend, which will throw me over 30 miles if all goes to plan. I'm just a little worried about going from 27 miles down to 10 miles and back up to somewhere in the mid-30s. This sounds like a recipe for injury.

Can you make up for lost time? I guess I'll find out. I figure if I listen to my body and think positively, I'll be fine. Right?

No comments: