Monday, January 13, 2014

Cold, Sickness Recalibration

The hardest workout during last week's freezing and coughing spell turned out to be pushing my car for about 15 feet. My goal of running twice went unfulfilled. No matter, I'll try to run twice this week.

This morning, I got up early enough to complete my body-weight exercise routine (pull-ups, push-ups, squats, walking lunges and planks). I felt a bit lightheaded in the middle of it. I think I was dehydrated. I took a break to drink some cold water and felt better.

This week, Mrs. Viper's work schedule may require me to run in the morning, my least favorite time. Hopefully, getting up earlier today will help me do so tomorrow or Wednesday for a run.

This is the new me, trying not to beat myself up over not running when I say I want to. Finding time to exercise remains the biggest challenge as a new parent.

This year, I hope to learn to better manage my time so I can take care of my responsibilities and still have time for the things I want to do, like running, playing music and reading.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's good to know you are not beating yourself up. And not worry, we will do it for you...

Carolina John said...

it's pretty amazing how being a dad makes you reorganize so much of your time and planning schedule. Finding the balance between meeting your obligations, being there for your son (which really is the best part), and getting your own running, music, and reading time in gets harder every month. It's a delicate process, but you will find a way to work it all out brother. We all do.