Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Terrible Quarterback Rating

Throwing to a four-foot-nothing receiver resulted in pain and sorrow on Labor Day. My 12-year-old nephew wasn't pleased with my all-day quarterbacking and called me out several times during our brothers vs. brothers duel. Our best play was the flea-flicker, where I could use my size and longer stride to race to two consecutive touchdowns against my brother and other nephew.

But still, we lost because I couldn't connect on all by one of my throws, consistently launching the ball over the outstretched arms of my teammate.

Monday's game was the most exercise I'd gotten in the last week and a half. Mrs. Viper and I are on the home stretch of pregnancy, and things have been a bit frazzled. My running took the hit.

Until my last speedy run, my monthly mileage had been on the upswing, but instead August ended with a total that ties for fourth best (and worst) of the year. Here is last month's statistical rundown:
  • Total Miles: 12 miles (4 runs)
  • Total Time: 2.6 hours
  • Highest Weekly: 6 miles
  • Average Weekly: 3 miles
  • Average Pace: 13:21/mile
  • The Monthly Dif: -3 (15 miles in July)
BONUS STATS!
  • Walking: 17.27 miles (10 walks)
My walking stats also were down this past month, as some bad weather and a busy work schedule ate into my lunchtime routine.

My shoulder and hamstrings feel the burn this morning, but not as bad as the burning shame of my 55.4 quarterback rating, which still beats any of the Cleveland Browns quarterbacks this year.

1 comment:

Carolina John said...

Obviously now I hope you have a daughter, because that is a complete facepalm fail at dealing with sons. PLus, you know, daughters are incredible.

I had the same fail last night.