Thursday, June 6, 2013

One of Those 'Ugh' Weeks

This week started with promise. Mrs. Viper and I drove to Pittsburgh Pittspuke to visit IKEA and buy a bunch of furniture for someone who isn't even here yet. Now, my heart melts a little each time I climb the stairs of our early 20th century house to see a crib and changing table in what used to be our guest room.

The nursery remains a work in progress, as we still need to put together the dresser and hang the decorations. It's all so, "Gosh, this is really going to happen, isn't it?" October is just around the corner.

Meanwhile, the little one is kicking out the jams and testing the integrity of my wife's uterus. I felt its movements for the first time last week and finally got to hear the heartbeat on Monday. All this combined with us starting to make room for the baby in the house seems to have put me in a bit of a daze.

Monday was the highlight of the week. The rest has been a drag, which has resulted in (or been the result of) my continuing to put off running. Despite capping off a strong May and getting a good start to this month, this week's mileage remains a big, fat zero.

I've been lethargic and eating way too much candy at work. I can't seem to find the motivation to do much of anything. You can't win them all, but I can't wait for this week to be over.

2 comments:

Nitmos said...

Awww, how cute, furniture for the nursery! Just wait until the money suckers start demanding electronics as gifts rather than Fisher Price. Won't be so cute then.

Just got back from getting my oldest his temporary driver's permit. Now I live in fear that my recently paid off car will be totalled.

Fun.

KW said...

Some weeks...you just need a rest. Go for it.

I loved the line about kicking out the uterus. You don't get many like those.