Friday, November 2, 2012

Flashback Friday: A Weekend to Return

Until Frankenstorm wiped out Halloween and a week's worth of running, my mileage had started to creep back toward the realm of near-respectability. Sadly, my last run was Wednesday of last week when Martini tried to hill-kill me.

We finally got a break from the rain, and the forecast this weekend looks favorable to get back to running.

This year continues to speed toward its end regardless of my slow progress in achieving my revised goals. November is here, and I have yet another month of improved running. Here's last month's statistical rundown:
  • Total Miles: 24 miles (6 runs)
  • Total Time: 5.3 hours
  • Highest Weekly: 11 miles
  • Average Weekly: 6 miles
  • Average Pace: 13:15/mile
  • The Monthly Dif: +7 miles (17 miles in September)
Time has returned after a long, long hiatus! Except for one short neighborhood run, 90 percent of my mileage was completed on trails. There's a race at the end of the month that Mrs. Viper and I have talked about running, Home Run for the Homeless, a four-mile run that I DNB'd back in 2007. We'll see what happens.

Back Talk
Wherein we revisit our cultural heritage

Jess wonders about our Super Storm Sandy entertainment: "I never watched Twin Peaks when it aired originally, I think I was in like 6th grade, so wasn't age appropriate. Is it good? Or is the falling asleep business indicative of its quality?"

Answer: Twin Peaks is my favorite TV show ever. This falling asleep business has more to do with how close to bedtime we decide to start watching the DVDs. We're also considering a trip down memory lane to the Brat Pack era. Last night, we watched St. Elmo's Fire.

Happy Hour is nearly upon us, teammates! Have a finely brewed weekend. Run well and drink well. Cheers!

2 comments:

Carolina John said...

You may be slowly climbing back up to some respectable numbers.... ok I've got nowhere else to go with that. I blame Sandy. Have a great weekend!

Anonymous said...

Oh yes, the Brat Pack. Is there a John Hughes Marathon in your future?