Friday, August 10, 2012

Flashback Friday: Almost Too Late

What a busy week. This post almost didn't happen. But as this Friday workday winds to a close, there are a few moments to share.

Now that I've declared myself out of the Akron Marathon, it's almost as if I've declared myself out of the game entirely. Not a step have I run since last week. Hopefully, this weekend will provide some cool temperatures to get back out for a trail run.

The toilet remains fixed, so that's all well and good.

My good friend and I saw our local baseball team drop its final game of an epic losing streak that pretty much knocked them out of contention for the playoffs (n.b., that tiny bit of hope remains that Cleveland can claw its way back into divisional race). That night was the first time in eons that I'd incurred serious inebriation in quite some time. Thankfully, my new hangover cure worked like a charm.

This weekend, Mrs. Viper and I are hoping to tackle a local beer fest. My growler has sat empty for far too long.

Back Talk
Wherein the veterans help out a rookie

Ironman By Thirty drops some home owner knowledge: "You broke the cardinal rule of home repair by starting a project when the stores were closing/closed. It was bound to be disastrous."

Answer: See, these are the things I need to know. I didn't even know cardinals were involved.

Happy Hour is nearly upon us, teammates! Have a finely brewed weekend. Run well and drink well. Cheers!

No comments: