Friday, March 16, 2012

Flashback Friday: Of Altitude and Bareness

It seems all my altitude training paid off, as last night's barefoot three-miler was blisteringly fast. My phone clocked me at a 9:04 pace, a new fastest, and my lungs felt better than they have in weeks.

This weekend's schedule calls for another three-miler and a seven-miler, which I'll likely run on trails. It's been a couple weeks since I've completed all the planned runs on my pre-training schedule. I'm hoping to change that trend.

Last week, I was forced to cut my attempted seven-miler to six miles because of fatigue. While I'm still coughing up gross bits and suffering from a stuffy nose, my energy level is much better than it was during that run.

The weather has been more than ideal for March and is forecast to remain in the high 60s and 70s for the next several days. It's almost criminal not to be running.

Back Talk
Wherein we address the resident heckler

Nitmos seeks to put salt in the wound: "You know what would have prevented that left big toe hot spot?"

Answer: Grapefruit rinds? Although socks would have likely done the trick.

Happy Hour is just around the corner, teammates. Have a finely brewed weekend and don't get too out of line this St. Patrick's Day. Remember to cast out the snakes and don't order an Irish Car Bomb in the vicinity of an Irishman. Run well and drink well. Cheers!

2 comments:

Nitmos said...

I tease because I care. Also, because I'm a bully and - something I've always taught my kids - bullies ALWAYS win.

Happy Pat's Day!

Spike said...

Have a good 7M. And while I agree with Nitmos on the prevent hot spots issue, it kills me to admit it.

Also, get unsick.