Monday, January 30, 2012

Missed Opportunity or Weather Delay?

Lesson learned from the weekend: Get out early to run, and you won't have to worry about it later on a busy day.

Like two weeks ago, my Sunday became too busy to fit in my planned three-miler. Yes, I know, lame, but whatever. Having slept in and gone for breakfast instead of a run in the morning, the day quickly got away from me, with installing a new ceiling fan in the dining room, celebrating my mother-in-law's birthday, and finally finishing an article late last night.

As it turns out though, I may have caught a break if I decide to make up for the missed run tonight, as the temperature is supposed to be in the 40s. Last night, Northeast Ohio was under a wind advisory with the temperature dropping into high teens and a fresh coat of snow falling over the region. Yes, tonight seems like a much better time to run.

However, I should note how well Saturday's run turned out, with me grabbing a banana on my way out the door to some trails first thing in the morning. At four miles, sadly, it was my longest run of the year, but after I finished Mrs. Viper and I had the whole day ahead of us.

This week's goals are a repeat of last week, with four runs planned for 13 miles, but I hope to tack on three extra miles to make up for my missed run yesterday. Today and tomorrow are going to be perfect for running, weatherwise.

I forgot to weigh in this morning, but I'll check in tomorrow to see how I did with my weekend. With pierogies and birthday cake, I'm guessing not so great. 

2 comments:

misszippy said...

Always better to get it in right away, i think! Enjoy your break in the weather.

Anonymous said...

I always make it a point to weigh in on Friday. That way, no matter what I do over the weekend I have four days to make up for it.