Friday, November 4, 2011

Flashback Friday: 500, Finally

It may be the last milestone I reach this year: 500 miles.

With an easy, socked-feet run of three miles last night, I crossed the threshold of half my yearly goal. A bit late, I admit, and no time to make up the difference. Alas, this year's final mileage will likely be my least in five years of running.

I continue to turn my noodle arms into slightly stiffer noodles with my "cross training" plan. If anything, I'm preparing my body for the big move next month. Carrying boxes can do a number on you if you aren't careful.

The weather has been extremely cooperative this week, with brisk but sunny days that beg me to go running. Thank goodness the weekend is here.

Back Talk
Wherein we discuss footwear and things that are missing

B. Jorosz wants me to try a different kind of socks: "Have you tried running in aqua socks? (Or whatever they're called - those neoprene things for kayaking...) My Hubby bought a pair for running on rainy/wet days. He swears by them."

Answer: Yes, I have. But I found the brand I got to be too heavy and haven't been inspired to try a different pair.

Jamoosh notices something besides a month being gone: "1 percent is missing. Oh boy, a mystery!"

Answer: It's like when you pour some out for your homeys.

Happy Hour is nearly upon us, teammates! Have a finely brewed weekend. Run well and drink well. Cheers!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"I continue to turn my noodle arms into slightly stiffer noodles with my "cross training" plan"

I take it you mean lifting more beers...