Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Another Month Gone

Good gravy, is it November already? October flew by with just a handful of runs and barely enough miles to avoid setting a new monthly low for the year. Still nothing looms on the horizon, and I'm just about to break 500 miles for the year. At this rate, I will have set my lowest annual mileage total since I started running in 2006. Here is last month's statistical rundown:
  • Total Miles: 23 miles (6 runs)
  • Total Time: 4:00:37.8
  • Highest Weekly: 11 miles
  • Average Weekly: 5.75 miles
  • Average Pace: 10:17
  • The Monthly Dif: -69 miles (92 miles in September)
Since there's not much excitement in these numbers, I thought I'd also break down the percentage of runs done in each "footwear" choice: Altra Adams (60 percent), barefoot (26 percent), and socks (13 percent). There, wasn't that exciting?

The big goal for November is break 500 miles. I only need six miles to do that. My other goal is to maintain the recent core exercise program I began last weekend: push-ups, planks, bicycle sit-ups, and 15-pound curls. My noodle arms are in pain from the shock of this new routine. I can barely straighten my elbow. 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

1 percent is missing. Oh boy, a mystery!

Nitmos said...

If you can't break 500 total miles this month, you should turn in your shoes....never mind.

B. Jarosz said...

Ahh... data!
Is it wrong that this post (plus Jamoosh's comment) is the most fun thing I've read all day? I am an inveterate data geek, so I was pleased by your % of miles run by foot covering choice. (And I get the rounding error issue... Or did you run 1% of your miles in high heels?)