Friday, September 2, 2011

Flashback Friday: Eights Days a Week

We're on the home stretch now. Everything is in place except for where to place everyone. Seating remains the final task for the wedding, now eight days away.

Meanwhile, my next two long runs loom large on an seemingly ever-filling schedule. While I'm not nervous about the wedding, I am a bit nervous about fitting in every little thing.

Thank goodness for a long weekend. Labor Day arrives just in time for a much-needed break. But of course, it's a packed weekend.

Tonight, the Enthusiast's Papou arrives from Greece, and I'll be meeting him for the first time.

Tomorrow, I have an 18-miler and need to get my last haircut as a single man to look good for the wedding; it's also our neighborhood yard sale, for which we have things to sell after the bridal shower gifts; and then there's the possibility of going to some local art shows and seeing the Cleveland Orchestra play Bugs Bunny tunes.

Sunday, I have an 8-miler and my monthly old-time music jam among family visits.

And then Monday is our friends' daughter's birthday party.

Somewhere in there, we need to put the seating order together. And jeez, what about the Cleveland Air Show? So much for a break.

However, as this month ticks away, our schedule will slowly clear. And finally, blissfully, we'll be free.

Back Talk
Wherein we talk training and racing strategies

B.o.B. thinks my my training comes from the backwards place: "That's a lot of shoes! I'd say you can't factor in barefoot running while training for a marathon, especially since you are fairly new to running barefoot."

Answer: But I've already factored barefoot running into my running by 20 percent! Am I doomed?

Nitmos, of course, comments from the backhand: "I love how you determine your strategy in the final days leading up to a race. But lets not revisit that whole 'negative split' discussion from awhile back ..."

Answer: Wait, so you plan your race strategy into your training from the beginning? That's so freaking--well, that's kind of smart actually. But you're going to feel so dumb when I negative split this race.

Happy Hour is nearly upon us, teammates! Have a finely brewed holiday weekend. Be warned that there will be no post on Monday. Run well and drink well. Cheers!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

"And finally, blissfully, we'll be free."

Um, you have never been married have you?

Ironman By Thirty said...

Damn! Jamoosh totally stole my comment! And by only 10 minutes. Oh well. Your freedom is over my friend.

B. Kramer said...

I said "we," didn't I?

Carolina John said...

Enjoy the holiday weekend big guy. It will all come together in the end.