Then, BOOM! Nothing, followed by nothing and more nothing over the long weekend. Two cookouts resulted in a ballooned weight check yesterday morning, but I failed to wake up early enough to make up for lost mileage. Poof! There went May. So much for a good start to my Akron Marathon training.
June begins serious running time. Here is last month's statistical rundown:
- Total Miles: 53 miles (14 runs)
- Highest Weekly: 17 miles
- Average Weekly: 13.25 miles
- Average Pace: N/A (no watch used)
- Longest/Fastest Run: ~8 miles @ ~15:00 pace
- The Monthly Dif: +20 miles (23 miles in April)
I also missed the Tallmadge Memorial 5-K for the first time since I first ran it in 2007. My race plans for this year only include the Buckeye Half Marathon and the Akron Marathon. It's doubtful I'll add anything else.