January was a much improved month with the start of the Enthusiast's half marathon training, but the last couple weeks were tough with bitter temperatures and what seems like non-stop snow. Oh well, I'm sure by Friday the weather will be Spring-like. Here is January's statistical rundown:
- Total Miles: 26 miles (eight runs)
- Highest Weekly: 10 miles
- Average Weekly: 6.5 miles
- Average Pace: N/A (no watch used)
- Longest/Fastest Run: 3 miles @ ~9:00 pace
- The Monthly Dif: +13 miles (13 miles in December)
All but one of my runs was with the Enthusiast, who has been using a GPS app on her phone to track our runs, but I'm trying to encourage her not to pay attention to time in these early stages of training, especially with a thick layer of snow to slow us down.