Thursday, July 29, 2010

The Long Black Out

My apologies to those of you who were near tears at my unexpected absence from the blogoscope. Multi-tasking is not one of my strong suits. When deadlines encroach, many things fall by the wayside. If I'm not careful the rest of this week, my marathon training could be an unintended casualty.

I'd like to finish this week on a positive note, despite being a day behind my schedule. I'll have to work hard to follow up last week's training, which went spectacularly well.

Akron Marathon Training Week 8:
  • Monday's strangely on time four-mile recovery run (11:22 pace).
  • Wednesday was showy seven-mile tempo run (8:19 pace).
  • Friday's easy barefoot run didn't agree with Chipotle's hot salsa (10:00 pace).
  • Saturday's nine-miler was a serene jaunt through the woods on the Buckeye Trail (10:18 pace).
  • Sunday's 18-miler in the Cleveland MetroParks was superb (10:14 pace).
My weekly total was 40 miles. This week, my mileage is supposed to climb to 44 miles. I've only completed my five-mile recovery run so far, which was my longest and most successful barefoot trek ever. Tonight, the Enthusiast says she'll pace me on her bike during my eight-miler, which was supposed to happen yesterday.

It's nice to be back, especially with Flashback Friday on the horizon. Cheers!

5 comments:

misszippy said...

Indeed we were in tears! So glad to have you back. Now get back on track--don't you know training is much more important than work?

JojaJogger said...

Any chance you'll be stopping by the Burning River 100 course this weekend?

Jess said...

You know, I was plagued by fears and anxiety about your absence. Now I can sleep better. Thank you.

Ms. V. said...

I WANT you on that wall. I NEED you on that wall! (said in best Jack Nicholson voice).

Please don't stop this blogging/running bit. I need the Viper to remind me of my blogging roots, having successfully leapt to the microblogging world of Twitter.

Still, my Bloglines is full of my old friends. Stay with it!

C said...

Wait, you were gone?