Akron Marathon Training Week 2:
- Monday was a three-mile recovery run (10:11 pace) to flush out Week 1.
- Wednesday was a four-mile tempo run (8:07 pace).
- Thursday was a three-mile easy run (9:41 pace).
- Friday was an unplanned 2.5-mile run with the Enthusiast (14:04 pace).
- Saturday was a six-mile not-so-easy easy run (9:21 pace) with the Enthusiast biking.
- Sunday was a 12-mile long run (10:05 pace) on the second half of the marathon course.
The Enthusiast had another great week of training for her first half marathon and started off with a bang this week. The running is starting to get a little easier, as last night's 2.5-miler proved. I pushed my usual Monday recovery run back a day to run with her, and she ran faster without any walk breaks. Near the end, I asked, "What do you have left in the tank?" She responded with a hard sprint to finish. She's staying focused on the half marathon, but starting think boldly about a full marathon in her future.
Get a Clue
A few of you
Thanks! These openers should go well with this! Now, the rest of you take heed and remember what's expected of you next year. Cheers!