Voila! 25 miles, my highest weekly total of the year.
Here's how Week 1 went down:
- Last Monday accounted for my speed work, with the Tallmadge Memorial 5-K.
- Tuesday was a two-mile recovery run with the Enthusiast as she kicked off her first week of half marathon training, which she wrapped up yesterday with a tough three-miler.
- Thursday, was a brutally humid and sluggish jaunt down big Memorial Hill and a sweaty slog back up.
- I was worried that my weekend runs would be rougher than they were after that hill, but my legs felt loose and ready go Saturday morning, and I had to slow myself down during Sunday's long run.
- The 10-miler only got tough in the last two miles when I had to dig deep to keep up my pace, which was encouraging.
[Drunkard's note: I'm not the banjo player you can see.]