Friday, June 11, 2010

Flashback Friday: Eluded

Yesterday afternoon's lunch with Gin at the local restaurant that supposedly had Lake Erie Monster proved to be a red herring. The Monster was not there. The erratic epicurean confirmed its availability in bottle form at the local booze shop. The search continues to find this beer on tap somewhere.

I will find you, Lake Erie Monster. No matter how long it takes. No matter how far. I will find you.

/Daniel Day-Lewis'd

Possible Blackout Coming
Monday is Flag Day, our nation's most important holiday. I may or may not post because of celebration and/or recovery from celebration. Don't forget to raise a glass in salute!

Back Talk
Wherein we take a closer look at arbitrary goals.

Miss Zippy has an issue with my speedy middle miles: "One question--why have you picked that number for your tempo pace?"

Answer: Which number? I want to hit the high sevens because I've never been that fast. My 32-minute goal for this particular run was based on the McMillan Calculator.

Happy Hour is nearly upon us, teammates. Have yourself a finely brewed weekend. Run well and drink well. Cheers!

6 comments:

misszippy said...

Ok Ishmael.

My only thinking on the pace was that it's always good to spend some miles at desired race pace. Sounds like you are on top of it!

gin hall said...

I can't believe you are resorting to quoting Daniel Day Lewis. Wowza.

Happy Flag Day, Vipes, and if you have a monster sighting in the Square, lemme know and we'll try to stop by Saturday!

Jess said...

Flag Day? Who the heck celebrates Flag Day? Eh, any excuse for a cocktail is a good one I guess. Speaking of which, it's Friday isn't it?

Brad said...

According to an email today, and their website, Riverside Wine in Kent has the Lake Erie Monster on tap currently. I also know North End in Hudson had a keg, not sure if it is on currently.

Al's CL Reviews said...

Your search sounds like mine this winter for Left Hand/ Terrapin's Depth Charge. Call before you go. It proves much easier (says the gals who drove 2 cities looking).

Happy Flag Day!

C said...

Happy Flag and birth day, Viper.