My weekend running has taken a major hit since the Akron Marathon. The last time I ran on a Saturday or Sunday was Oct. 10, and that was only four miles. My last run of any distance was Oct. 4, an eight-miler. I guess it's no surprise that October produced my lowest mileage since January.
Here is October's statistical rundown:
- Total Miles: 50 miles (13 runs)
- Highest Weekly: 12 miles
- Average Weekly: 12.5 miles
- Average Pace: 9:59.676 per mile
- Longest/Fastest Run: 8 miles, 9:03 pace
- The Monthly Dif: -87 miles (137 miles in September)
Ever tried.In other news, an American won the New York City Marathon. Meb Keflezighi (gesundheit) finished in 2:09:15 to become the first American man to win the race since Alberto Salazar in 1982. If you want a more nuanced breakdown of the race, visit The Science of Sport.