2 x 400 meters, 2 x 800 meters, 1 x 1,600 meters
- Goal pace(s): Sub-1:45, sub-3:35 and sub-7:40, respectively
- Lap 1: 400 meters, 1:42.44 (6:50 per mile)
- Lap 2: 800 meters, 3:28.29 (6:58 per mile)
- Lap 3: 1,600 meters, 7:05.98
- Lap 4: 800 meters, 3:32.72 (7:06 per mile)
- Lap 5: 400 meters, 1:37.37 (6:30 per mile)
- Average pace: 4,000 meters, 17:26.8 (7:01 per mile)
- Total distance: 5.5 miles
The intervals were just enough to make my legs feel jiggly like Gloop and Gleep. More than anything I worked up an appetite. Thankfully, a Greek festival was happening around the corner from the track. I followed up my track session with a gyro, fried calamari and ouzo on the rocks. It was better than stretching.
Wherein I really wish you people would actually read the words that I don't bother proofreading because then you'd avoid such ridicule.
Funnyrunner is oh so hilarious with her extremely long comment about my half marathon and then a second comment with her ludicrous marathon advice: "Hey--I agree with Mike A. above. You can start out with 8:30s and stick to 8-minute-mile pace the entire half. You're capable of it ..."
Answer: Can someone please inform Funnyrunner of my marathon goal? I'm shooting for a 9:10 mile pace, lady! Perhaps you could try agreeing with what Mike said a few Flashbacks ago.
Happy Hour is almost upon us, teammates. Have a finely brewed weekend and good luck to all you runners out there. Run well and drink well. Cheers!