Friday, August 21, 2009

Flashback Friday: Short on Time, Content

Stupid torrential thunderstorms prevented my track session last night. I'm determined not to miss my speed work two weeks in a row, so I'm going to try to get it in on Saturday and then do my 14-mile long run on Sunday.

Stupid? Maybe.

But I had planned a seven-mile tempo run on Saturday, and the overall track mileage will be 7.2 miles. If you think I'm a moron, go ahead and call me out in the comments. It's about time you guys said something amusing.

To make up for the miles I didn't get in last night, I ran three miles this morning and plan on delaying Happy Hour by 40 minutes tonight to log another four.

Flashback to a Prelude
You remember how I ran that thing last weekend? And remember how I had that company picnic and this site was dark for last week's Flashback Friday? Well, here's how I was preparing for the Summer Un-Solstice Challenge:

I did take only one beer with me to the picnic, a 750-ml Trois Pistoles (9 percent ABV). And then I had two Coronas, which the boss brought. I spent the day in the hot sun, playing games and working up a sweat. And then I had a now-forgotten German lager at a gathering afterward.

From dinner onward, I gulped as much water as I could in an attempt to rehydrate, which only caused many trips to the bathroom that night. (Or was that the onset of BPH?)

Back Talk
Wherein you failed to provide me with good content, so I'm just going to use a blanket response to all the comments this week.

Thank you for your encouraging and congratulatory responses to the Summer Un-Solstice Challenge and my cathartic run this week. You boosted my spirits when there was a tear in my beer.

Happy Hour is nearly upon us, teammates. Have a finely brewed weekend and good luck to all you racers. Run well and drink well. Cheers!

8 comments:

Unknown said...

sounds like you have an excellent hydration plan !!!

C said...

I don't think you're a moron. I know you are. You're gonna miss me when I'm gone, aren't ya?

Good luck with Akron this year. I'm pulling for a sub-4 for you. Mostly because I don't want to have to go through another year of you bitching about it.

Slay that white whale, dude. You can do it.

Funnyrunner said...

you should be fine if you take the long run slowly enough.

lol. Man, can I relate to choosing between a run I need to get in... and happy hour. HATE skipping happy hour!

Sitting here currently killing time until I can go do MY speedwork. I don't mind that it's pouring, but the lightning bothers me...

Ian said...

Postpone happy hour?!? PREPOSTEROUS! Leave work 40 minutes early, don't start messing with happy hour.

Jess said...

I agree with Vanilla, but by now it's too late to influence you. Hope the 4 went well and you hydrated well afterward!

The Sean said...

Either do the slow long run. OR- run the tempo within your long run, just run the final "however long" at tempo effort.

X-Country2 said...

I trust you make the right desicion. Here's a hint: it sounds like shmappy shour.

Jess said...

Did you just say you delayed happy hour? Sorry I lost focus after that and couldn't read anything else.