Friday, April 10, 2009

Flashback Friday: Too Good to Be True

I'm not here. This message is coming to you from yesterday.

I planned to run three miles last night and six to eight miles this morning. I have no idea if I succeeded.

Today is Cleveland's home opener for Major League Baseball. I will be there on the first base side. I hope the rain clears ... that is, if it is indeed raining right now as it was forecast last night when I wrote this.

Don't worry. I won't kill any pitchers.

Back Talk
Because you left me comments, I will be snarky about it and pass it off as wit.

Ted has been tracking my track sessions: "Your pacing improved. You are getting faster. Have you been cutting down on beer lately?"

Answer: Yes, I've been drinking wine instead. It's like Gatorade, only more alcoholic.

An anonymous commenter doesn't get me: "OK explain to me how to do intervals - don't like pain - so why?????"

Answer: It's easy. You just run in circles as fast as you can until you can't take it anymore. Why? It's better than a good flogging.

It is Happy Hour somewhere. Enjoy your weekend. Run well and drink well.

And happy holidays to those who celebrate. Cheers.


[Drunkard's note: If you couldn't tell from the conspicuous logo at the bottom left corner of the above images, they were nabbed from someecards.com.]

9 comments:

Xenia said...

Hope you got those miles in. If not, that means I'll surpass you in total yearly mileage. And that would be so pathetic of you.

Enjoy the game.

Jess said...

I hope you got your 6-8 done! Otherwise, I'm not sure you'll be able to label this a "good" Friday.

Spike said...

believe it or not, Cleveland is even worse than Detroit so far this year. enjoy the game.

tfh said...

C'mon. Nothing's better than a good flogging.

Happy weekend!

Sun Runner said...

Go Tribe!

M2Marathon said...

I have to agree with TFH. Enjoy the beer-with-some-baseball-on-the-side today!

X-Country2 said...

Hopefully you made it out to run among your busy schedule.

S said...

Hope you got in your miles....I was finally able to force myself out there but it took a while!

Virginia Dressler said...

I'm guessing you drowned your Tribe sorrows with the massive amounts of rain on Friday, and hopefully some vino/beer/whatever. Ah, Cleveland sports.