- Week of Jan. 19: 18 miles (five runs)
- Week of Jan. 26: 11 miles (two runs)
- Week of Feb. 2: 16 miles (two runs, one race)
- Week of Feb. 9: three miles (one run)
- Week of Feb. 16: 20 miles (four runs)
- Week of Feb. 22: nine miles (two runs)
- Week of March 2: 21 miles (two runs, one race)
- Week of March 9: seven miles (two runs)
- Last week: 22 miles (four runs)
Instead of terrible running, there was Terrible beer. My pacing was faster and I tallied my highest mileage of the year. I experimented with sockless running to moderate success. I planned four runs and by golly I ran four times.
The major hiccup has been my weekend running. For various reasons, I didn't run on the Saturday or Sunday of most of those low weeks. This weekend, I ran on both days.
Saturday was track time:
- Intervals: 4 x 800 meters
- Goal pace: 7:19-7:39 per mile
- Lap 1: 3:41.3 (7:25 per mile)
- Lap 2: 3:48.08 (7:39 per mile)
- Lap 3: 3:42.76 (7:27 per mile)
- Lap 4: 3:46.03 (7:35 per mile)
- Average pace: 7:31 per mile
- Total distance: 4.4 miles
It's too early to say I've turned a corner, but it's never too early to brag.