So, in no particular order, here is some of my gratitude:
- I'm thankful for you readers and bloggers who keep me entertained throughout the week. You have no idea how much work would get done if you weren't around.
- I'm thankful for good books for those quiet times when I need to relax, escape or be inspired. (Currently, The Lazarus Project and Everyday Drinking.)
- I'm thankful for a strong and productive liver that filters out the poisons I enthusiastically put into my body.
- I'm thankful for honed taste buds that make those poisons taste good and will allow me to thoroughly enjoy tomorrow's feast.
- I'm thankful for chemical reactions such as fermentation and distillation, which help make life more rambunctious -- or soothing.
- I'm thankful for running because psychotherapy and gym memberships are much too expensive for my wallet.
- I'm thankful for my health because I know it is not something to take for granted.
- I'm thankful for my friends, a handful of whom actually read this blog because obviously they don't get enough of me in person.
- I'm thankful for my family, who have supported me and shaped me into the relatively decent person (and drinker) I am today.
- And I'm thankful for sugar dumplings.
[Drunkard's note: the Viper will be too drunk to post this holiday weekend. Hopefully, you'll be too drunk to notice. Or, if you're one of those readers, I hope you're too busy running or something.]