Luckily for you, Dr. Viper is here to point out your folly. Below is a list of those annoying things you do as a runner that aggravate those around you. Remember, knowing is half the battle.
- You wear running shoes when you're not running
- You display your finishing medals in prominent places
- Your latest race shirt is in a weekly rotation
- You show off your latest running apparel or gadget
- Right now you are wearing something running related
- "I was just reading in Runners' World ..."
- "During my last long run ..." or "When I ran the [blank] marathon ..."
- When you talk about how far you ran, it was "just" however many miles
- You talk openly about bodily functions, fluids and flatulations
- You name-drop your running injuries into every possible conversation
- You're always carb-loading
- You're always hydrating
- Fiscal responsibility does not include race entries or new gear, gadgets and equipment
- You think snot rockets are OK in public
- Your smelly clothes are hanging to dry in your bathroom
- As soon as someone you know starts running, you start coaching
- Quick, how many things in your work area are related to running?
- How many coworkers know you run?
- Have you ever compared running to work or vice versa?
- The answers to these questions? Annoying
There are many ways that you annoy everyone around you. These are just some of the reasons why.