- Top Chef meets MacGyver in a seedy hotel room. (OK, maybe not so seedy.)
- Douchebaggery on the open trails and Top Gun allusions.
- How to spot a female runner. (Maybe it's the shoes.)
- Reflections of two years running.
- Novel thoughts on giving up smoking, starting to run and writing.
- David Sedaris on giving up smoking and his new book. (Or if you don't have time for that, a shorter segment of Sedaris on The Daily Show.)
- The James Dean of running and other Mt. Runmore hopefuls.
- Fartlek and poop, a surefire way to get crappy comments. (Hey-Oh!)
Coincidentally, the last link was not the first instance of poop today.
[Drunkard's note: Be warned, I might use naughty words.]
Setting: Office kitchen area, near coffee pot and water cooler
Time: In the morning, when did you think?
Scene: Viper is making coffee when a coworker comes in with a gallon jug of some foul-smelling concoction that she claims will cleanse her body if she doesn't eat and drinks this so-called lemonade for eight days straight.
Me: WTF is that?
Her: Don't laugh. It's supposed to clean out my system.
Me: Will it make you take big shits?
Her: Actually, no, I have to take laxatives.
Me: Seems like something that's supposed to clean you out should make you take big shits?
Her: It's supposed to get rid of toxins.
Me: That's what shitting does.
Now, I hear her gag every time she takes a sip. I love exotic cures.
OK, kiddies, show and tell is over. Back to business.