Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Losing Daylight

I really should have waited until Monday to do my long run. But it just felt wrong not to run Sunday even though I couldn't do it that morning like usual because I was driving back from a wedding that was three hours away, and I couldn't do it that afternoon because I needed to get proper fuel (also known as eating) and then wait to digest, and I didn't do it early evening because I decided to take a nap, and I really didn't do it that night because I ran out of light.

I started at 7 p.m., which according to my last night-time trek (8 miles) gave me an extra half hour to run, which according to my pace is at least enough to do 12 miles or, if I ran really fast (pipe dream), 14 miles like I planned. Plans? Who am I kidding?

I ran the death valley route (8 miles) and by the time I got back to the parking lot I needed my night vision goggles. Hey, Mr. President, can we bump up Daylight Savings Time? This early sundown shit is really cramping my style.

Anyway, this is my last really long week and then it's taper time, which means it's almost marathon time, which means, Oh shit! I'm not ready yet!

"Panic, it crept up my spine like the first rising vibes of an acid frenzy."
--HST, FLLV

Akron Marathon countdown: 24 days

No comments: