Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Holy Crap: 10 Days

As some readers know, the maths are not a strong suit around Team BHI headquarters. But let me see if this is correct. Today's date is Sept. 19. The Akron Marathon is Sept. 29. Simple subtraction: 29 - 19 = 10.

(Author checks arithmetic against calculator. Verifies correct answer.)

Yes, that means there are 10 days until our relay race.

Holy Jesus Toast!

That's not long, folks. In fact, that's only a week and a half to get these legs in proper condition. Instead of doing push-ups, maybe we should try running.

Let's face it, though, there's going to be a lot of walking for certain members of the Booze Hounds Relay Team. And that's OK. We're in it for the free stuff, which actually costs $40 per person.

My sole goal is to get that (here comes that number again) 10-year commemorative medal. My secondary objective is to use this race as a catapult into consistent winter running. (Yikes! Already?)

Mrs. Viper has already broached the subject of maybe entering a Turkey Trot this fall. And my brain keeps tripping on the idea of maybe running the Cleveland Marathon next May. But that's a lot of maybes.

Do NOT call me, "maybe."

7 comments:

B.o.B. said...

Woo hooo!!! Gooooooood luck!

Black Knight said...

The power of the numbers! Good luck.

Jess said...

Is there a Jesus Jelly to top Jesus Toast with?

Good luck with the home stretch of "training." Yeah, I did that. I put your training in quotes.

Obi-Run Kenobi said...

My wife broached the Turkey Trot subject way back in early August, so I'm right there with you. She gets anxious each time she asks me about it and I say, "I don't know. Maybe."

Sun Runner said...

And the beer. Don't forget you're also in it for the beer!

I prefer Christ on a cracker, myself.

Anonymous said...

You do realize it's not Fall yet... Enjoy the temperatures while you can.

Nitmos said...

Is it too late to drop to the half relay? Would that be were you go from 5 to 10 relay members? See, I just blew my own mind.