Friday, May 18, 2012

Flashback Friday: Hipster Baseball Fans

Some will go great lengths to avoid the Bud Light or Miller Lite commonly peddled at Major League Baseball games. Thankfully, Cleveland's Progressive Field offers some alternatives to crappy mass brews: crappy hipster beer.

The "Dad's Beer" kiosk offers such gems as Stroh's, Genesee, Schaefer, Pabst Blue Ribbon and Blatz in a can. PBR can also be found on draft at a few other stands around the stadium. Such cheap swill is the calling card of hipsters throughout Northeast Ohio.

Mrs. Viper and I ventured over to "Dad's Beer," where they also sell fresh roasted peanuts and beef jerky, and procured a couple cans of some old school brew, me with a Stroh's and she with a Genesee (though she later said she really wanted Blatz but didn't see it until after we ordered).

As we sat in our seats just beyond the right-center field wall, I said, "This is how hipsters enjoy a baseball game."

Considering we spent yesterday afternoon watching the Clevelanders beat the Seattleites in extra innings, I fear my dear readers missed out on reading about Wednesday's four-mile run across the Perkins and Riding Run trails.

My legs felt pretty fresh despite Monday's tough run along the Ohio Turnpike--that is, until I reached the first hill. Which, if you know these trails, you know that was pretty quick. So, not so fresh after all. My average pace was again in the 13s.

Back Talk
Wherein we embrace the experiment of one

BrianFlash will be conducting his own experiment this weekend: "My first barefoot race is Sunday. I can't run as fast bare as shod but it will be a nice little test to see how quick I can turn over a 5K on the pavement ..."

Answer: One of my goals this year is to run a race barefoot. I have yet to pick the event. Good luck testing your mettle.

Happy Hour is nearly upon us, teammates! Have a finely brewed weekend. Run well and drink well. Cheers!

1 comment:

Nitmos said...

Blatz! Outside of my father-in-law's house, this is now the only other known sighting! The great thing about that beer is...how brave they were to name it after the sound it makes coming out of you.