Thursday, April 28, 2011

Gonna Try to Convert

Yesterday morning, the alarm went off an hour early, dragging me from blessed REM sleep. That was planned. This morning, a half hour earlier than Wednesday's wakeup, something aroused me from sleep. The room was dark and still, and something was amiss. The power was out.

The wind has been howling mad since yesterday afternoon, when a tree fell and knocked out the power at my office, sending me to work from home. I would have used my newfound daylight to log a few miles, but alas I had actually managed to run that morning.

When the eerie silence woke me up this morning, I set the alarm on my cell phone as an attempt to wake up to run again. When it did, the wind was roaring. The weather had not only knocked out the electricity, but I was also experiencing a motivation outage. But alas, it was a good try.

Tomorrow, I'm going to try again to wake up early to run a few miles. These days, the dawning hours are my best opportunity to log some mileage, as my evenings have been taken up with other obligations and endeavors. Maybe this morning grouch can convert himself to a morning runner.

4 comments:

Robin said...

The dog is key. You can disappoint yourself, but never disappoint your dog. Any updates on the Enthusiast's first half marathon training?

Ironman By Thirty said...

As a former morning grouch who switched his lunch time swim for a morning (5:30AM swim), let me tell you it is one of the best decisions I have made. It is an absolutely perfect way to start the day. Only problem is that I am passed out on the couch by 10PM at the latest.

T-Bone said...

Morning runs are painful, in the sense that leaving a nice warm bed never seems like a good idea before 6 a.m. I think once you find yourself making it a habit, you'll attitude will change.

Al's CL Reviews said...

Doesn't work for me. I already feel proud of myself for trying to be disciplined enough to run at all. I don't want to get over proud for having the discipline to get up early for it.