Friday, April 1, 2011

Flashback Friday: Play Ball!

Today is Cleveland's home opener. Hopefully, it won't be snowed out. Regardless, I'm happy it's baseball season. If I can run once for every game in a season, I'll be happy -- because I doubt I'll be happy with the performance of my team this year.

The start of the Indians' season signals the end of March. I'm still looking for that Spring weather. Until then, here is last month's statistical rundown:

  • Total Miles: 22 miles (five runs)
  • Highest Weekly: 7 miles
  • Average Weekly: 5.5 miles
  • Average Pace: N/A (no watch used)
  • Longest/Fastest Run: ~5 miles @ ~10:00 pace
  • The Monthly Dif: 0 miles (22 miles in February)
Time to get serious. 


Back Talk
Wherein we set records straight. 

KWB has a quibble about my Goose Island news: "Actually Stella Artois bought out Annheiser [sic] Busch a couple of years ago. It was a big deal and people in STL started shaking in their boots for fear of layoffs. But SA stayed true and kept AB doing what they do. So, blame SA and not AB."

Answer: Actually, that's not entirely true. As Al mentioned, InBev is the company that bought Anheuser-Busch in 2008. However, the official company name is now Anheuser-Busch InBev.

David has a quibble about my My Antonia review, or rather my comment to that post: "Quit hatin' on PBR - every can I've opened was a blue ribbon winner."

Answer: Cool it, killer. I didn't say one disparaging word about your shitty Blue Ribbon beer.

Happy Hour is happening all day today, as the Viper has taken an R&R day from work. Have a finely brewed weekend, teammates. Run well and drink well. Cheers!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

OR - you can vow to run only when Cleveland wins. Then again, to stay in tip top shape, maybe you should run when they lose...

Sun Runner said...

The Tigers started the year off right: by losing.

At least we have the Red Wings.

BrianFlash said...

Good luck to your Indians. May they perform better then my St. Louis Cardinals did yesterday on their opening day.

Ironman By Thirty said...

The Indians just haven't been the same since they lost Charlie Sheen. Maybe they need to add some Tiger Blood to the Gatorade water cooler.