Friday, April 8, 2011

Flashback Friday: Losing Ground, Gaining Weight

I've been stuck in neutral. While the needle on my running log hasn't moved in more than a week, the needle on the scale has been creeping upward. It's not that I ever had much hope for my goal of averaging 20 miles per week, but my mileage tracker has just crossed 200 miles ... in the negative. I no longer have the cold to complain about as the weather has finally started to resemble Spring. However, my motivation has been in such a constant state of "meh" that I have barely thought about running other than to posit that I should be when I'm not. This weekend would be ideal to squeeze in some miles, but a busy schedule looms. The happy news is that patio drinking is just around the corner. In fact, if it's dry this evening, we'll give it a try for Happy Hour.

Back Talk
Wherein we remember small beer. 

Ironman By Thirty comes to the realization that the end of Prohibition was the start of mass-produced shitty beer:  "3.2%? So only PBR?"

Answer: And Rolling Rock.

Happy Hour is nearly upon us, teammates! Have a finely brewed weekend. Run well and drink well. Cheers!

5 comments:

misszippy said...

I'm old enough to remember "low" beer in Ohio. When I was 17, 18- through 20-yr. olds could buy low beer. Once you turned 21, it was "high" beer and the rest. Being a year off of low beer, my friends and I managed to buy and drink quite a bit of that crap!

Nitmos said...

I come here for the "meh". Wasn't disappointed.

Sun Runner said...

Welcome to the chub club. :)

Anonymous said...

Weekend - it's always wonderful)

Jess said...

When's your wedding date? Once you start getting fitted for that suit, you may stumble upon your motivation!