Friday, March 18, 2011

Flashback Friday: The Unbearable Blacklight of Being

The Enthusiast was on the phone with me when I discovered the black light installed above my hotel bed in Houston.

All I could think of was the episode of Family Guy where the Quohog TV news station uses a black light to show the unseen filth in hotel rooms, and livestock appears when the light is turned on.

In my case, it was a disturbing mural of hearts and rainbows on the walls and a starscape on the ceiling. By the door was a depiction of palm trees and sail boats. I couldn't bear to pull down the bed covers to see what kind of mural might be there.

All was forgiven, though, after an enjoyable morning run and a bottle of tasty stout on my last day of travel. Still, I'm awe of the strangeness of the Scott Inn & Suites.

Back Talk
Wherein we consider safety first. 

Barefoot Josh is envious of my hotel location: "Are you off of Scott St? That has a pleasantly treacherous looking sidewalk for a few miles."

Answer: You have no idea how treacherous. My taxi driver told me I'd be fine as long as I didn't buy any of the services I'd be offered.

Xenia considers the consequences of my hydration plan: "Morning drinking before a flight? The flight crew is just going to love dealing with you."

Answer: I didn't even mention the Bloody Mary I had at the airport.

Happy Hour is nearly upon us, teammates. Have a finely brewed weekend. Run well and drink well. Cheer!

10 comments:

Jamoosh said...

Drink well indeed. I will introduce you to the place I am heading to Sunday after the marathon the next time you are in town.

Morgan said...

Seriously?! That is epically awesome!

GeorgiaSnail said...

Well, that would be one way to put a positive? spin on the blacklight test.....

Ian said...

Installing a blacklight is a ballsy move by a hotel.

Have a good weekend.

Al's CL Reviews said...

Ewwwww

Nitmos said...

There was a Tosh.O viewer video with the blacklight that was too funny to describe here. Cheer!

Robin said...

The title of your post alone will keeo me laughing for awhile! I don't know if I'm disgusted or totally impressed by the backlight concept!

misszippy said...

Hmmmm....the places we can go with that picture. Quite interesting!

Barefoot Johnny O said...

Why is Jamoosh always the first?

Spike said...

Amazing and scarry.