Friday, March 11, 2011

Flashback Friday: No Early Spring Here

Well, the ski resorts should be happy with the recent dumping of snow we got last night and throughout today. I suppose that's better than earthquakes and tsunamis. (Too soon?) The running has been curtailed this week by a twisted ankle the Enthusiast suffered last weekend while we ran over a snow covered trail in Canada.

She turned the ankle landing on the edge of the paved path. Luckily, we were fairly close to home base and were able to get her off her feet and apply ice immediately, so it's not as bad as it could have been. We're hoping to put it back to work this weekend, when thankfully we'll have more snow covered paths with which to contend. Hooray!

Back Talk 
Wherein I appreciate all your ideas about being a race spectator. 

Thank you for all the suggestions about watching the Enthusiast run the Cleveland Half Marathon. She likes my placement and wants me to carry a balloon and maybe wear a tutu. Hopefully, Spike won't mind wearing a matching outfit, as Red suggested. Laura suggests a dry-erase board, which will come in handy for games of tic-tac-toe during the waiting around periods. Of course, I wouldn't have any of those dull moments if I followed the advice of Nitmos.

Happy Hour is nearly upon us, teammates. Have a finely brewed weekend. Run well and drink well. Cheers!

6 comments:

Al's CL Reviews said...

I hope the Enthusiast's ankle heals quickly.

Anonymous said...

Typically, the best way to get around a marathon course is on a bike - especially with road closures and such. It also makes for seeing your beloved at many more locations.

Jen Feeny said...

Ooooo good point Jamoosh, I did that for a friend last summer and we got to see them 4 times on the course!!!

Also, please let me know what colors to make your tu-tu... :)

Nitmos said...

I was going to go with a tsunami reference today but decided against. For once, you've cut deeper than me. I applaud your boldness!

Happy weekend.

Spike said...

Hope the Enthusiast gets better soon. As always, I strongly suggest you blame Canada.

Fifty K said...

Being a cheerleader will be lots of fun and look forward to doing it this year at Akron since I will will be flying out later that day and can't run it. I saw a great sign last week in Little Rock that read "Embrace the Suck!" I say use that one if making a sign.

And mother nature can take a hike for that last dump of snow. Fingers crossed we don't get anymore!