Monday, January 17, 2011

Staying Flexible

The Enthusiast and I had one of those jam-packed weekends. By the time, we were just about ready to run, we had already missed our window, for another scheduling conflict was approaching.

But that's OK. Training plans are not rigid.

Besides, today's weather seems to be more favorable than Sunday's unshakable coldness. Yesterday was one of those days when I could never get warm, as the outside temperatures hovered in the teens and wind chill knocking it down to single digits.

Today's high is supposed to reach 30 degrees. That's semi-tropical in these parts. A run will be a welcomed event.

A schedule tweak here and there is sometimes a necessity. Don't fret it.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great, you and your liberal running schedule have totally thrown me off...

B.o.B. said...

30 degrees is warm? God bless you my friend. I wouldn't survive.

misszippy said...

Excellent advice--something everyone needs to learn. We're having a cold winter here too, but I always look at the temps there and am thankful for my extra 10 degrees or so here!

Jess said...

30 degress actually has been semi-tropical this winter, as we've seen temps that cold several times so far this winter in South FL, and that's rare!

Ironman By Thirty said...

I long for 30 degrees. It has been feels like in the single digits/low teens all week and now we have a sleet/ice warning. Gotta love the Midwest.