Monday, February 15, 2010

Not So Magic Jumping Bean

I read somewhere that jumping rope was like twice as good as running. Let's hope that 10 minutes on Friday and another 10 minutes on Sunday sufficed for my lack of mileage over the weekend.

The bottoms of my feet--yeah, I know what it's called--are tight from all the non-beer hops, but the good news is that my arms finally don't feel broken after my Eleven Workout last week.

My arms felt so good that I attempted another round of Elevens Sunday after jumping rope. However, after the first few sets, I had to do girlie modified push-ups. I hope to un-modify those next time.

As for jumping rope, my skills are woeful. My longest streak of jumping is about three minutes before I break my rhythm and have to restart. Friday's first attempt was an exercise in patience, and I'm happy to say I didn't cut my jump rope into little pieces and set it on fire after the first two minutes full of stops and starts, stops and starts.

4 comments:

Jen Feeny said...

I can't jump rope for shit. They are always too long and even if I try to shorten them I never quite get it right. FAIL.

Great job on the Eleven workout! Modified or not at least you're still doing it!

misszippy said...

I haven't tried jump roping in a long time...I'm sure it wouldn't be pretty!

Junk Miler said...

Once you get the hang of it, jumping rope is less of a workout than running. That's when you start doing the double jump.

Three minutes is actually pretty good.

I'll be giving the 11 a try again tomorrow.

Julie @ ROJ Running said...

I LOVE jumping rope and do it all the time in the summer. Another thing I've heard is good for working your core is the hula hoop