Monday, July 27, 2009

The Heat Is On ... Oh-Wo-Ho, Oh-Wo-Ho

The weather is finally starting to resemble an Ohio summer. These mild temperatures have made it too easy to run, and I can't be having that as I train for the Akron Marathon.

Sunday, I met a friend for a 12-miler during the hottest part of the day. We managed to finish with a solid 9:30 pace, but notched a positive split second half while we ran more unshaded portions of the Towpath. After the run, my arms were warm from a little too much sun exposure.

The forecast all this week calls for high 70s to low 80s and a few thunderstorms, which should mean some humidity at last.

I was worried this training was getting too easy. Looking forward to that 20-miler this coming Sunday.

6 comments:

Razz said...

thanks. thanks a lot for THAT song.

Yeah, I'm waiting for us to have a LONGGGGGGG stretch of high heat. I see that as one less excuse for me to run. Damnit!

Unknown said...

You bet that the heat is ON ! This is something that I am not looking forward to especially with the humidity.

Jess said...

So, I'm staring at the weather widget you have in your sidebar, directly adjacent to this comment box, and I am noting that the weather there is reading 78 degrees.

Dammit, man, that's NOT hot! That's what we set our A/C to here in FL.

I'll accept your weather bitchin' and moanin' when it's snowy, icy, and cold up there, but when it comes to heat, don't bother mentioning it unless it's in the 90s!

B.o.B. said...

It's been pretty much hot as bajeezus here in Florida since, oh I don't know April.

That song totally makes me think of Beverly Hills Cop, which is one of my all time favorite movies. "I'm not gonna fall for that banana in the tail pipe thing."

Unknown said...

I can handle the heat part of running however I HATE the humidity that often comes with it. I was out after work the other day and thought I was going to die due to not being able to breath with the heat of the sun and the humidity sucking up all my air.

Did I see you write you're "looking forward to your 20 miler?"

C said...

I absolutely love Jess' comment.

Dude, you just riled up a preggo woman. What were you thinking?