Friday, January 30, 2009

Flashback Friday: Not Boozing?

Another day of not running in the books. Last night, however, it was not the weather that held me back. Instead, I was rocking out to some old-timey music in Columbus.

I hope to get some miles in this weekend, but I have a tight schedule of driving all over creation and boozing -- not at the same time. If I'm lucky, I'll fit in an eight-miler.

Tonight, to make myself feel better about not running, I'll be cross training with some core strength and calesthenics. And then maybe I'll crack open the Baltika No. 9 I have in my fridge.

I also will be eating like an Ethiopian tonight. Do you suppose it will help me run like an Ethiopian tomorrow?

Back Talk
It's so cute how you people worry about my unmention of booze. I think you guys might have a problem.

Three of you were aghast at my peculiar lack of booze news this week.

First, Nic was like: "Ummm ... that's two consecutive posts without even the faintest hint of alcohol on your breath or in your post."

Then, TFH was all: "It does sound like the weather is getting to you. And not in a lying-on-the-floor-in-a-drunken-stupor way, either. This is troubling. Are you off your self-meds?"

And then, Al went: "I was wondering about the lack of mention of booze too."

Answer: You'll be happy to know that when I realized the snow would keep me from going into work on Wednesday, I filled up a flask with Tullamore Dew and walked to my friend's for a fancy breakfast. The coffee was also quite good and the flask was empty afterward.

Happy Hour is nearly upon us! We must vacate our seats in search of boozier pastures. Run well and drink well. If you run out of ice for your cocktails, remember that I have plenty of snow you can use as a substitute. I expect this shit to be gone by Monday, so drink up. Cheers!

5 comments:

Sun Runner said...

I hope you have an easier time getting to your Ethiopian restaurant than I did. I'm suffering from a raging head cold and don't feel like eating much of anything.

Give the old homestead a nod for me while you're there. Don't get stuck in any snowdrifts, either. :)

nwgdc said...

Nothing like getting back into the sauce via N0. 9.
Good to hear all is well, Midwest "Global Warming" I MEAN "Climate Change" aside :)

Jess said...

Hope you get the miles in this weekend! I shouldn't have taunted you about your nasty weather because some cooler temps blew in here and it's chilly! Well, chilly for SoFlo.

Al's CL Reviews said...

Very relieved to hear that booze has re-entered.

Carolina John said...

Snow is a perfectly valid excuse to get snockered. we're supposed to get some here tomorrow.