Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Common Running Injury

Well, I've done it again. I thought it would go away, but the pain has been steady since Sunday's detox run. It seems we're dealing with another injury.

I've battled most of the typical running pains. I learned how to deal with shin splints within my first two months of running two years ago. I've dealt with hip pains. I think I've hurt my knees from every angle imaginable. My ankle has given me issues. I've done blisters. Just about every muscle from my torso down has given me fits in some fashion or another. This is just another injury to add to the list.

Gentle readers, I've hurt my forearm.

Yes, my forearm. And running is the only suspect in this open-and-shut case. I can only figure that I was carrying my arms at such an odd angle during my last 12-miler that I strained my right Pronator teres.

I think I'll be able to run through this one, but I'll have to be careful. However, typing is another story. As someone who works in the publishing industry, typing is kind of important to my job. I may have to go home due to injury.

[Drunkard's note: Please ignore this post if you are someone from my place of employment. This post has always been here and was not created in my injured state. Thank you.]

10 comments:

Nitmos said...

Clearly the forearm injury is due to the Beck's swilling that took place the night before. Don't blame it on the running. The only cure: more Beck's until the muscles strengthen.

C said...

That takes some skill to injury your forearm during a run without actually haven fallen down. I applaud you.

Ian said...

Riiiiiiight. Sure. You injured it during a run. You better be careful, you'll go blind you know.

B. Kramer said...

Damn, Vanilla! You saw right through my ruse. That gives blisters a whole new connotation, no?

Marcy said...

ROFLMAO OMFG Vanilla's comment is EXACTLY what I first thought. Does that make me a perv? Probably. Oh well.

chia said...

I'm joining Marcy in the pervy pool... too easy :-)

MissAllycat said...

I'm with Nitmos. Strengthen that muscle with 12-ounce hammer curls!

Unknown said...

WTF? You hurt your forearm this time. Were you carrying a caseload of beer while you were running?

Razz said...

I thought if you hurt your forearm, you'll go blind.

Or something like that.

P.O.M. said...

I'm going with Vanilla and other Pervs (Marcy & Chia, duh). We know what is really going on.