Friday, May 30, 2008

Flashback Friday: Less Young, More Slow

Some of you (you and you) really let me have it in the comments of yesterday's post about nearing the end of my blissful age group. I had a feeling I'd offend some old-timers.
"Ye durned whippersnappers 'n' yer fancy PR's!"

I've heard all the lies you tell yourselves. These are the best years of your life; 30 is the new 21 ... yeah, sure! And I suppose that's why boys and girls -- especially girls -- are entering puberty at a substantially younger age. Tell yourself what you have to. I for one am prepared for my elder years. I'll be winning my age group at 110, even it means crapping in my technical-fiber diapers. What about you?

Happy Hour is just a few short hours away. Have a fine weekend. Run well and drink well!

4 comments:

chia said...

Have a great weekend!

C said...

Dude, I'm not 30 yet!! I've still got six months left. It was fun taking the piss out of you though. :)

Enjoy your weekend.

Marcy said...

Honestly, other than the whole running AG thing I'm really looking forward to my 30s.

Have a great weekend, homie!

Nitmos said...

Most races have a 65 and older category so...by the time you get over 65, we'll be running in the same age group. And I'm telling you right now, I won't let you win. I'm going to keep training and enter the same races as you so you'll never get an age group award. I'm throwing down the gauntlet...35 years prematurely.